Intake of 4 walnuts daily increase omega-3 essential fatty acids.
A quarter cup of walnuts provides about 8/90 percent of the daily body fat.
Benefits of Walnut:
Institute of Food and Drug Administration has recommended that eat 30 grams of walnuts for having a healthy heart. Although the many benefits of nuts is hidden, some people think that nuts are weight gain so they refuse eating walnuts and other nuts.
But it has proven that people who eat nuts at least two times a week are far less than those who did not eat nuts to gain weight. So with the thinking of eating walnuts or nuts causes to be fat, don't away the very tasty and useful food from yourself.
Vitamins and minerals in Walnut:
Walnuts are an excellent source of manganese and copper.
In walnuts have been found magnesium, phosphorus some zinc, iron, calcium and selenium.
Walnut has small amount of sodium or salt.
Walnuts contain the highest amounts of vitamins B6, B1 and B5 (pantothenic acid).
In the walnut exist vitamins such as E, B3 and B2 as well.
Nuts are high in calories. There is about 654 calories per 100 grams of walnuts.
Therefore it is better to calculate calories the day you want walnuts, and reduce your daily calories. This way you do not have a fear of becoming fat; For example, if you need 2000 calories per day and you get 100 calories from walnuts, so you can get 1900 calories of food remaining.
But if you want to eat walnuts, and like the last days intake your daily food, it is important to remember that you must walk 131 minutes to burned the energy you get from Walnut.
Walnut has about 7.6 grams of fiber
15% of walnut fats are a type of unsaturated fats and is useful for heart health. This type of fat is lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
- Reduction in total cholesterol
- Lowering LDL cholesterol
- Increase HDL cholesterol
- Increase the elasticity of arteries
- Protect against heart disease
- Increase the power of the mind and intelligence
- Useful for asthma
- Prevent arthritis
- Useful in skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis (appearance of red spots on the skin)
- With antioxidants. Among nuts, walnuts and chestnuts is the most antioxidants.
- Protect the immune system
- Prevent blood clots
- Regulation of metabolism in the body
- Regulation of blood pressure
- Regulation of blood sugar
- Prevent Parkinson and Alzheimer
- Prevent gallstones
- Protect Bone
- Walnut oil treating joint pain and makes absorption of nutrients easy.
- Children who the amount of omega-3 in their diet is low, problems such as hyperactivity or hyper active disorder, behavioral problems, irritability and sleep are seen between them.
- In women who consume 28 grams a week nuts and peanuts, 25 percent less likely to develop gallstones.
- If you want to have a quiet sleep, eat green salad with walnuts for dinner.